Yes, weve used the total lemon – the rind, juice and flesh – to make this zesty cake. Its topped once mascarpone and drizzled in golden syrup, making it just firm to wash down later than a freshly brewed cuppa.
The ingredient of Lemon coconut cake
- 240g (about 2-3) lemons
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 3 eggs
- 100g salted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 65g (3/4 cup) desiccated coconut
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey or golden syrup
- 30g (1/2 cup) toasted coconut flakes
The instruction how to make Lemon coconut cake
- Place the lemons in a small saucepan and cover past cold water. Bring to the boil higher than medium-high heat later cover and cook for 40 minutes or until softened. Use a slotted spoon to sever lemons and set aside to cool slightly. Cut in half and discard any seeds.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease the base and side of a 20cm round cake pan. Line base and side taking into consideration baking paper.
- Place the lemon halves and milk in a food processor and process until smooth. accumulate the eggs, butter, vanilla, flour, sugar and coconut. Pulse until the cake mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the cake incorporation combination into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 15 minutes to cool slightly beforehand turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula to prominence the mascarpone in a bowl until a spreadable consistency. press forward higher than the culmination of the cake. Drizzle exceeding the honey or golden syrup and sprinkle similar to the coconut flakes to serve.
Nutritions of Lemon coconut cakecalories: