Just a quick post to keep up my streak. I looked for some inspiration in my notebooks and found a few links to some interesting articles. Sometimes it’s good to go back to old links and explore what they have to offer a few months or years later.
- Bret Victor, beast of burden. Excellent programmer with some pretty sound thoughts on education. Consistently excellent presentation of his thoughts too.
- Accelerating Serendipity by Stef Lewandowski. Medium post about how to make things happen in cool and fortunate ways. I loved Stef’s posts back when I was a more avid user of Medium but unfortunately the app began to annoy me.
- How to post to WordPress via email with Jetpack. This is probably a niche article on the JetPack support site, left more as a crumb for me to follow at a later stage. This help article shows just how powerful the post by email feature is.
- The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food. This article should be a wake up call for everyone. Sadly though, over two years on it doesn’t appear to have been.
- Travels in the New Psychedelic Bazaar. Another long read from two years ago about synthetic drugs – often called legal highs in the UK. Vanessa Grigoriadis explores the world of synthetic drugs: what they are, how they get made, their cultural place, etc. It’s a very interesting read, full of concern but not preachy about the subject.
A mixed batch to be sure, but hopefully some interesting stuff to explore!